Friday, April 1, 2016

WrestleMania Week: Fun With Funkos

Happy April everyone! It's a new month and WrestleMania week trudges forward. Tonight is when everything kicks off in full with the NXT Takeover special on the WWE Network. For something different today, I though I'd share the WWE Funkos my wife and I have in our collection. I'll admit, I'm not a huge collector of the Funko figures. They're cool and all and I'll get them as I see fit for particular things I'm interested in but I'm not going to go crazy with them. My wife is the "Funko Fanatic" though in the house, so technically, these are her figures.


Here are John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and CM Punk. We took these out of the boxes just to make room on the shelf for everything. Don't worry, we kept the boxes. This is not the only Cena figure we have either


This figure was just procured during a visit to the local Gamestop over my wife's birthday weekend. I think I like this one a little better that the blue one above, just because the orange helps it stand out more.


This Roddy Piper figure is a Target exclusive figure that was hanging out with a bunch of other Funkos from Frozen, Star Wars, and a bunch of other ones. This, along with the Ric Flair figure are pretty hard to get. The Ric Flair one I haven't been able to find anywhere. Sadly, Piper passed away last summer.


The man defending the title this weekend against Roman Reigns in the main event of WrestleMania, Triple H. This one strikes me as pretty plain as if it was out of the box, I probably couldn't even tell you who it was.


Who's that jumping' out the sky? It's Rey Mysterio! I really like the detail on this figure with the mask and even the tattoos and the necklace. Even though Rey doesn't wrestle for WWE anymore, this is still a pretty awesome figure.


The Beast, Brock Lesnar! We stopped at numerous Wal-Mart stores last summer in search of this figure but no luck. We were about ready to give up when we randomly found this one on the back of the shelf. Lesnar is an absolute beast and his matches are just wars with whoever he is in there with. I'm looking forward to his match against Dean Ambrose this weekend.


Last one is this bearded Daniel Bryan figure that is a Hot Topic exclusive. I'm not much of a Hot Topic person and I forget exactly how we got this one, but since neither of us get to the mall much I'd venture a guess and say we got it at the flea market last summer. Daniel Bryan just recently retired last month due to injuries and while it was really sad to see him go, this is still a cool figure to remember him by.

Thanks for stopping by today! WrestleMania Week continues tomorrow with a look at the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2016!


1 comment:

  1. Some of these are pretty cool. I've seen Hulk Hogan and Warrior at Toys R Us. I'm pretty sure I could track down that Flair at my local Target if you want.

    ReplyDelete