Tuesday, April 12, 2016

1991-92 NHL Pro Set Series 1 French Edition


As I mentioned in my latest flea market post, I found this on the junk wax shelf of a regular vendor I visit for five bucks. Since the NHL playoffs start tomorrow, I figured I'd tear into this. I busted a box of Series 2 of this same product back in the fall. This, however, is Series 1 and its in French! I don't speak a lick of French but this will be fun anyway.


I won't show off every pack as there were a lot of duplicates and not much excitement but I'll show off the big names, starting with this Messier/Yzerman/Roy trio. Getting cards of Messier as a member of the Oilers is always neat. I'd forgotten he'd played with Edmonton into the 90s. Roy was always one of my favorite goalies after Brodeur and I think I may add him to my hockey PC list.


Modano, Hull, and Fuhr. So two Oilers so far and they must have been loaded in the 80s and 90s with big stars! I like the Modano card as he's depicted as a member of the Minnesota North Stars, as this was shortly before they moved to Dallas. I always think of him as playing for Dallas so getting a pre-Dallas Stars card of him is really nice.


The final trio I'll feature here consists of Jagr, Lemieux, and Gretzky. My favorite of this group is by far Jagr, so much so that I've added him to my hockey PC collection. The dude is still kicking around the NHL and has a pretty good chance at a cup with the Panthers this year.




The main inserts were these all-star cards. I was pretty excited to pull out the Guy Lafleur card, especially since I didn't get a base card of his as he's a hockey PC guy for me.

In closing, I'd like to take a moment and mention that this is my 100th post for the blog! I never thought that it would even survive long enough to see 100 posts so a big thank you to everyone who reads and supports this blog. Here's to 100 more!

5 comments:

  1. That was a fun trip back to my youth, thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I've got a bunch of Whalers cards from this (and the series 2 box I opened last fall) that I'd be interested in sending you if you want them.

      Delete
    2. I think I've got all the French Whalers at this point but thanks for the offer!

      Delete
  2. Ahh fun break! I have a box of the english version of series 1. I give packs to my little boys once in a while as a treat. Did you happen to hit any CC cards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think I did but I'll have to go back and double check.

      Delete