Thursday, April 21, 2016

You've Got Mail #24: Infield Fly Rule

From way out west arrived a package from Adam K of Infield Fly Rule, the friendly, mile-high Rockies representative in the Super Traders group. He had dropped a huge priority mail box on me back when the Super Traders group was first launched and sent this as a supplemental package a few weeks later.


Some 89 Donruss starts this off. I always kind of enjoyed this set as it didn't have a bland feel like some of the mid to late 80s Donruss sets. 


Speaking of bland, here's one of my least favorite 80s sets, 1988 Donruss. However, these two cards are definitely acceptable. Getting a Dave Concepcion card from this late in his career is very nice.


Spuds!! Any Chris Sabo cards are good cards!


As much as 1991 Donruss is lauded and ignored by most people, I actually enjoy it. Seeing cards from this set brings me back to being a kid and opening my first pack of cards, which was a rack pack of 1991 Donruss to be exact.


Some 1989 Topps and three big cogs in the 1990 World Champions, Jose Rijo, Barry Larkin, and Tom Browning. Rijo and Browning were the top two starters in the rotation that year.




Adam also remembered that I collect the Expos. I think my favorites here are the Randy Johnson and the Moises Alou cards. It's rare that I come across cards of Johnson as an Expo so I'll gladly take them when available.

Thanks for the cards Adam and thanks everyone for reading. Another trade post coming up in a few days!

1 comment:

  1. The Reds were awesome at the height of the Junk Wax era, lots of good stuff!

    ReplyDelete