Friday, June 3, 2016

You've Got Mail #35: Sportscards From the Dollar Store

This is the last Supertrader package I'm behind on and it comes from Douglas, the Mets representative in the group, and resident of the Great White North, who sent over a nice variety package, including something cool he found at the Toronto Expo.


Even though I know it's baseball season, I'll start off with this batch of Bengals cards. I seem to be on a tear of getting Gio Bernard cards in the mail and I like the ticket stub design of the Contenders card.  There's also a pretty wild looking Jordan Shipley jersey card and a nice Geno Atkins parallel.



Six new cards for my growing Martin Brodeur collection. I'm liking all of these, especially the O-Pee-Chee on the top left. Note to future trade partners, you can never go wrong sending me Brodeur cards.


Staying with hockey, here's the card that Douglas found at the Expo for me, a 1977-78 O-Pee-Chee of Michel Dion, one of the cards that was listed in the "top wants" on my want list. This completes the Stingers team set for me. My next goal as far as the Stingers is concerned is to complete the 1975-76 team set. 


Here's a nice batch of Reds thrown in, including a Homer Bailey I didn't have. There's also the Bryan Price manager card, which is pretty cool. There was also a nice selection of cards from the Panini Hometown Heroes set that I didn't show here mainly because I just showcased them in another recent trade post and I have nearly, if not all of the team set now.


Finally, here's a card of Reds outfield prospect Jonathan Reynoso. He's currently playing high A ball for the Daytona Tortugas and has been hanging out in the low minors since 2010. His stats are nothing worth writing home about with only a .254 average and seven homers in his minor league career so far.

It feels good to finally be caught up and I'm going to try to stay somewhat caught up on trade packs as I've got a few smaller ones that I need to recap here shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment