Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The Reds Binder: Page 2

I was doing some organizing the other day and while trying to maximize space, I realized a few things had to go ... unfortunately the very unfinished Reds frankenset was one of them.

Fear not, though, fair readers! Instead of a Reds frankenset, now you will get a glimpse into my completely stuffed full Reds binder! My only rule for this was no more than one card of any player or any specific product on one page. Other than that, it's anything goes!

The one completed page I had of the frankenset I left in tact and put that as the first page of the binder. I've already shown it here.

Here's page 2:

First, the fronts


And the backs:



Lots of fun stuff here, two minor league cards (Sean Casey and Joey Votto), a Hal Morris card from the 1994 Kahn's team issue, and one of my favorite cards, the Jay Bruce Classic Walk-Offs insert card from 2012 Topps. That card captures one of the most amazing moments in Reds history perfectly, the walk-off home run that won them the 2010 NL Central title, and always brings a huge smile to my face whenever I see it.

On a completely unrelated note, I've got a pretty cool research article that I've been writing and working on here and there since the spring based on a strange autograph book I found at the card shop a few years ago. I'm hoping to have it finished before the end of the year but I have a bit more work to do before I take it to the final draft. More to come on that down the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment