Sunday, December 4, 2016

You've Got Mail #52: Infield Fly Rule

I've never been to Colorado but sometimes I have the urge to visit. Denver I hear is a happening place with all manner of wacky restaurants, entertainment, and sports teams. If I ever went, I think the main thing I'd have to do is eat at the Denver Biscuit Company and see either and Avalanche game or a Rockies game. One person who I know had seen his share of Rockies games (but not sure about any Avs games nor am I sure he's ever been to Denver Biscuit) is Adam K. of the Infield Fly Rule blog. Recently, he sent over a box full of Indians cards which helped fill in some gaps in my ever growing collection of Tribe cards.



The contents of the package was a good variety of junk wax stuff up through mid 2000s. The cards show above are all cards I don't have a lot of currently in my collection. I was pretty happy to see some mid-90s Score and while 1992 Donruss isn't exactly my favorite, it was pretty neat to get an Eddie Taubensee Rated Rookie card in there. 



Some more junk wax that will fit in nicely. I really like the photo on the Mark Lewis card as it's him in the uniform of Hamilton High School which is about 20 minutes from where I live. Joe Carter cards of him as an Indian are always welcome too. I've always preferred the 1989 Topps design over 1990 which just seemed a little bland, but there are a few gems in there.




Here's some more recent stuff, including back when Upper Deck was still making baseball cards. I forgot how good the Indians pitching was back when they had C.C. Sabathia, Cliff Lee, and Jake Westbrook. Team cards are always neat and in the future I might make that a mini-collection. Not sure yet. Also, there's a shiny card in the form of Bowman Platinum!


I'll end with some Manny Ramirez cards. I think I've got every Manny rookie card now from the 90s, not that I'll really complain. The middle card is a Sportflics card of some sort, I can't really tell as it didn't scan all that great. This package definitely helped bulk up my Tribe collection, including filling in some much needed stuff from the 2000s. I'm nearly to the point where my Tribe cards will be moved to their own binder sooner rather than later. 

Like I said in the beginning, Colorado seems to be a happening place, just like this trade package. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go make some biscuit sandwiches and watch an Avalanche game, just like they to in Denver.

1 comment:

  1. I have been to the Denver Biscuit Company before (slash Fat Sully's Pizza that shares their three locations). In fact, I ate at a Czech hockey bar right next to their South Broadway location just a couple days ago.

    Denver is awesome.

    I've been to a handful of Avalanche games, maybe five or six. Unfortunately, they're pretty bad this year.

    Glad I could help fill some gaps in your collection!

    ReplyDelete