Thursday, August 6, 2015

Card Stories #1

Here are a few cards from my "good stuff" as I call them and the brief story behind them. Let me know if you like these random card profiles and I'll do more of them ....

This card came from a blaster box of Topps Archives that I picked up at Wal-Mart just for the heck of it while I was buying some groceries. My experiences with blaster boxes are pretty dull and boring, as was the case with a Gypsy Queen blaster I bought earlier this year but I have to say, I was pretty pleased with this. Not only did I get this cool John Franco card, I also got some nice commons, some Reds for my Reds binder, and a Will Ferrell card. Not bad for 20 bucks!
 


 I picked this up while I was visiting family in the Akron area over the July 4th weekend. My uncle and I ventured over to Medina, about 20 minutes away from their house, and we stopped in the card shop up there. Of the cards in the case, this was by far the best one he had in my price range. After getting the guy to knock two bucks off the price (really?) I got this and three packs of Panini Prizm. My elation after my purchase was short lived, only to realize the dude had sold me packs of 2012 Prizm he had in with the 2015 Prizm for the same price as the 2015 product! Anyway, the Manziel card is nice and #'d out of 115. This fits pretty well next to the Cris Collinsworth card I mentioned a few posts back as I start to build up my football collection.



Over the easter weekend I was visiting my in-laws in North Carolina and I decided to check out the card shop down there. While there, I was still on a kick of buying 2015 Heritage packs. I picked up probably five or six packs and when I got home and opened them I was pretty excited to pull this out of the last pack. Along with a Mike Trout action variation SP and an Albert Pujols SP, these were some pretty good packs.


Finally, we have this Jorge Soler card. Not a big Cubs fan, especially since they are in the same division as my Reds, but I do respect what they've done this year and Soler is one of their best young players. This came out of the last batch of Donruss packs I bought at the card shop earlier this summer and it displays pretty nice along side the Marichal card shown above.

Hope you enjoyed reading these "Card Stories" posts as I call them. If you like them, let me know and I'll do more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment