Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Miscellaneous Maildays

The flow of mail in the CCHQ mailbox had slowed to a trickle recently, however I did receive a few small things here and there recently that can be combined into one blog post.


Peter from Baseball Every Night sent over a small sampling of Indians cards via PWE. There were two of the Encarnacion card, which is ok. My favorite of this batch though is the Joe Carter card. Really, how can you go wrong with Joe Carter Indians cards?


Tom at Angels in Order recently did a clearance of some old baseball books he had and he offered some up to the blogging community for a nominal fee each. I picked up one of my favorites, "Big Hair and Plastic Grass". If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it as it chronicles the craziness of 70s baseball in a fun and easy to follow way. It doesn't get too much into the weeds of stats and behind the scenes antics either, which I appreciate.



Finally, a rather unique piece. A while back Matt over at Parts of My Past (formerly Sport Card Collectors) talked about how he had obtained an autographed 8x10 of Pat Sajak and Vanna White of "Wheel of Fortune" fame. Being a long time fan of the show, I figured I would try my luck. I filled out the request form, got an email back the next day asking for my address, and then a few weeks later, there it was! My first ever TTM autograph request. This is a really cool piece that I'm going to find a frame for and put up on my desk at work.

That gets me caught up on some mail then. I picked up some cards from both Target and Walmart recently so expect to see those coming up shortly.

4 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to pick up that book for awhile now. I'm not in a rush though, since I barely even have time to read blogs these days.

    Btw... I just received my Wheel of Fortune autographs in the mail too (thanks to Parts of My Past's post). Haven't opened up the envelope yet. One day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I borrowed "Big Hair and Plastic Grass" from the library 2 weeks ago! I haven't finished it yet, but I'm enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, that book like it would be fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Epstein is one of my fave writers. "Big Hair" IS a FUN read!

    ReplyDelete