Saturday, January 9, 2016

2015 Topps Update Holiday Box #2

Just a quick post today as I'm heading over to a friend's house in a bit for some deep dish pizza, salad, icebox cake (which is quite possibly the most amazing dessert on the planet), and perhaps some white russians that The Dude would approve of.


Here we have the second of two of the Topps Update retail boxes. I'm hoping this is a little better than the first box. You should know the drill by now ... 5 update packs and 2 update chrome packs. Let's dig in.




Let's start off with the best of the Chrome packs. All four of these are super nice and I'll be hanging on to these. I was surprised to pull the Fisk insert as a Chrome card as I thought going into this that the only cards that were chromed were the base cards.



The insert cards from the regular Update packs. Pulling out the Josh Gibson card was really cool as I had no clue that stars from that era were even featured on this set. I just realized something ... both the Gibson and the Dunn cards have the same date, September 27th.




Finally, the all-star insert cards I got from the main set. The DeGrom retail insert I think I've already found a good home for, the rest of these will be going into my all-star game set. I really should start a checklist of some kind for these so I know what I have and what I need.

As for the regular base cards, I didn't really get any cards that "wow"-ed me. Would I get another box like this? Maybe if it was on sale or on clearance somewhere. This was certainly better than the first box I opened but it's not something I'll go out of my way to get.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Fisk card there!

    I opened 2 jumbo boxes of Update and completed the base set in each box. Good collation, at last!

    Somehow, I landed an autographed copy of that Fisk card 21/25. Too bad it's a sticker auto!

    ReplyDelete