Tuesday, January 1, 2019

2019 Collecting Hopes

Well, another year has come and gone. It seems like everyone so far has made some sort of collecting resolution for this year, so I though maybe I'd jump on the bandwagon and mention a few things I'm hoping to accomplish this year collecting and blog wise ....

1) Get things organized - Currently my collection is in 3,200 count boxes and I would like to move it to binders. Once we get some Christmas debt paid off here at CCHQ, we are looking to buy another one of those storage cube things for our bedroom. Once we get that, I'm planning on putting binders in that cube as our bookcase is currently full. Doing this will help me accomplish another goal ...

2) Keep things organized - When I get new cards be it online, card show, card shop, retail, or otherwise, they currently sit in the corner of the bedroom until I get the energy to get the boxes out my five-year olds closet and sort everything. Binders and keeping the binders stored in the bedroom on the aforementioned storage cube will help with this.

3) Video reviews - This is something I've been considering for a while. I know Oscar over at ATTBATT does video reviews now for cards he gets in the mail. While the text articles will always be king here, I think it's the time to potentially add some video elements in. I'm not sure what these will be yet and I need to figure out filming time, editing time, etc.

Aside from those three things, I can't really think of any other big things I want to accomplish in 2019. Going into 2019, expect more fun articles including the continuation of the "Around the Horn" series and the "Wacky Wrestling VHS Boxes" series. There's also the annual community yard sales in mid-May and the early 2019 baseball cards coming out at the end of the month.

Personally, here at CCHQ, we closed 2018 with three of the four people in the house (with the exception of the 1-year old) all sick at pretty much the same time, which was just the capper to an awful last quarter of the year. My wife had nearly the full-blown flu with a near 103 degree fever, I had some sort of stomach and intestinal virus which caused me not to be able to eat anything for 4-5 days, and my 5-year old had strep throat and a double ear infection. While everyone now is feeling better, my wife is still getting over her illness though, we're hoping that 2019 is better than 2018.

11 comments:

  1. Glad to hear everyone is feeling better! Strep is no joke. Had it a few years ago and drinking water felt like razor blades slicing my throat. I give your 5 year old huge props for surviving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan. Do you already have binders? I've got tons to spare, but they're hard to ship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm good on binders but what I am in need of is 9-pocket pages. If you've any to spare, let me know.

      Delete
  3. If you do end up doing some video reviews, you count me in, I'm a big fan of bloggers doing videos :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're all on the mend, been sick myself for about 6 days running here though not as badly as what you described. Best of luck with your goals, I'll certainly be reading (or watching) along in 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is horrible that you and your family were sick through the holidays. When I was a teenager I had strep throat for 3 years in a row on Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's hoping 2019 goes a little smoother than the end of your 2018. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Cow, you all were really sick! Great luck on the goals. I have everything in binders, but I'd love to move to those square Unikeep binders at some point, but those are serious investments. I too plan on doing videos as way for my son and I to jump into the YouTubeverse. I hope you are feeling better! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're able to accomplish your goals in 2019. I look forward to reading more of your posts, especially the "Around The Horn" series. I'm struggling with card organization and sinus issues right now, which has kept me from commenting more frequently. Hope you're all feeling better now. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a cruddy way to end the year! Hope all are well now and that the little one managed to stay healthy! Good luck with those goals! I'd love to binder up ALL of my sets but I absolutely do not have the space. If you decide to Vlog, you can count me in your viewership.

    ReplyDelete