Monday, September 10, 2018

Everything Is In Order

I love it when a surprise PWE comes in the mail. That's just what happened the other day when I was sorting and taking some pictures for future blog posts when the mail lady came by. Along with the city utility bill and some grocery coupons for my wife, there was an envelope from Tom from the Angels in Order blog. 


Tom had mentioned on my "Around the Horn" post for the Angels that he was sending over some team cards I didn't have. I'd kind of forgotten about that but yet, here they are. The 1978 Angels finished second in the AL West with a 84-78 record under two managers, Dave Garcia and Jim Fregosi. Two years later, in 1980, they finished a dismal 6th with a 65-95 record.


It's nice to add some more Dave Winfield cards to my collection as well. I think a couple of these are dupes (I know the 1991 Upper Deck is for sure) but the rest are super cool.


Angels cards weren't the only thing that Tom included, he also threw a batch of Calgary Flames cards from the 1990-91 Score set. Here are three Hockey Hall of Famers (Joe Nieuwendyk, Doug Gilmour, and Al MacInnis )and one of the top goalies of the era (who's not in the Hall of Fame) in Mike Vernon.

I need to check to see if these are the American or Canadian versions.


I'm pretty sure he included the whole team set, which is super generous. 


Also there were these 1991 Classic Draft Pick cards. I'm not sure if any of these guys panned out in the NHL.

This was a really cool surprise PWE from Tom so a big thanks to him! I've got to gather a PWE of Angels and Patriots to send back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment