Thursday, May 24, 2018

The Yard Sale Cards: Where to Begin



Remember last week when I said I went around the neighborhood yard sales and bought a ton of cardboard? Good. Because that's where I've spent the last few days. I've been sifting and sorting through the four smaller boxes (I haven't even sniffed the 1982 mega box yet nor have I cracked into a package that came in from P-Town Tom), and I have no clue where to start. I sorted through the boxes, organized them by sport just so there would be some sense of order, and picked out a bunch of cards to share. I have about 140 pictures from the cards that I picked out and now comes the dubious task of figuring out how to share what I've found. I had thought of sharing the find box by box but I picked out cards from nearly half of one box alone to share, so that went out the window fast. Plus, if I did it that way, the 1982 box would've been a huge post I'm guessing. 

Anyway, what I've decided to do is share the cards little by little and some by sport. There was a lot of baseball, a healthy amount of junk wax football (which I won't complain about), some basketball, and what amounted to about a small box of wrestling cards from the 90s (minus duplicates). The football, basketball, and wrestling I think I can get away with by doing one post for each of those, baseball on the other hand, not so much. Those will be spread out in lots of upcoming posts, with breaks for non yard sale cards. I also have the unopened box of 1989 Bowman to tear into so that'll be a post on it's own.

I just wanted to provide a quick update on the progress I've made so far digging through the find, so keep an eye out for the yard sale posts starting soon. I do have one post already planned for Monday that's not yard sale related but after that, it'll be time to dig in to everything and see if any treasures are unearthed.

6 comments:

  1. Always fun to sort through a mish-mash of cardboard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Never know what you're going to find!

      Delete
  2. Still really looking forward to seeing what you found in that wrestling box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this will be fun! hope you find some great prizes there for yourself!

    ReplyDelete