Tuesday, November 10, 2015

You've Got Mail #4: Infield Fly Rule

I set up a trade with Adam K. over at Infield Fly Rule based on his want for a 1993 Team Stadium Club Jeff Parrett card. While I initiated the trade, he was nice enough to send his package first which included a whole heap of cool Reds cards of which I'll touch on the highlights ...


I have to start off with my favorite of the whole batch ... this Jay Bruce card. As I mentioned before with a very similar but different card, it captures the home run that won the division in the magical season that was 2010. Just an absolutely beautiful card, too bad that trade rumors are swirling around Bruce and the Reds this offseason.


Shiny cards! Cingrani has really cooled off since his rookie year but should be a good fit out of the pen and a spot starter if needed next season.


This Mike Leake card with him in the throwback uniform is fantastic. I think this was from the 2010 Civil Rights Game, which I was at.


A couple more nice cards. Everyone seems to forget that Edwin played for the Reds before blowing up in Toronto.


These are interesting. I'd forgotten that Conine had ever played for the Reds but after looking it up, it appears that he played a good amount for them in 2007. It's a very nice sunset card. Ryan Madson though is a great "zero-year" card. Signed by the Reds late in the 11-12 offseason, he blew out his elbow in spring training which required Tommy John surgery and never pitched a single game for them.


Closing out the Reds portion with three guys I'd kind of forgotten played for the Reds, Juan Castro, Russell Branyan, and David Ross. Wait, David Ross and Jeff Conine played for the Reds in 2007? That's a really random team.



Adam also threw in a smattering of Expos, a Quebec Nordiques card, and these Walter Johnson cards for my defunct teams collection. It's rare that you see pioneer players like Johnson on modern Topps products.

Adam, I appreciate the trade. Hope you enjoy the return pack.

1 comment:

  1. That's a cool fact about your Leake card. I doubt I have a card from any game I've been to. Glad you liked them!

    ReplyDelete