Thursday, November 5, 2015

You've Got Mail #3: Highly Subjective and Completely Arbitrary

I work my night job three nights a week (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday) and for once last weekend I was lucky enough to have a Friday night off, which just happened to be the night before Halloween. When I got home from my day job that day, I found a surprise package from Brian of Highly Subjective and Completely Arbitrary waiting for me. I must say, unexpected packages are awesome!


I'd spoken up for an unwanted pack of Triple Play when he cracked into a retail repack a few weeks ago and received not one, but two! While Triple Play is nothing to get overly excited about, it's a very kid-friendly product and I kind of enjoy the cartoonish drawings on these.




I can always count on Brian to send some really cool vintage. This was no exception. I love that Gus Bell card and team cards are always cool.




These were thrown in as well. The scan on the Eric Davis hologram came out better than I thought it would. Votto is in a Team Canada jersey in that card. The Bench card I remember from my original collection. It's kind of nice to have it back as it sort of links my current collection and my original collection together.

Between this, a giant pot of homemade chili, and a Halloween marathon on TV, Halloween weekend started off great! Brian, I appreciate the unexpected package! I've got some stuff from your junk wax want list and more Twins cards I was planning on sending you anyway so I'll get it out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment