Saturday, January 27, 2018

WWE NXT Jumbo Retail Pack


With NXT Takeover and Royal Rumble this weekend, I thought this would probably be a good time to dive into a jumbo pack of some WWE NXT cards. We've got 18 cards in a pack so let's rip. Hopefully there's something good as I'm not sure what to expect out of this.


Apparently there's two different base sets in this, there's the base roster set and there's the base moments and matches set, along with parallels of each. Not sure who Aliyah is but Peyton Royce is one of the top competitors of the Women's division.


A few more matches and moments cards are the highlight of this batch. I think everyone was pretty well shocked when Bobby Roode showed up in NXT and he had a nice little run there before getting called up this past summer. 


Awesome! I got a Shinsuke Nakamura card! So far, that's my favorite card of the pack. Even better that it notes his debut match against Sami Zayn at NXT Takeover Dallas in 2016. If you're a wrestling fan and you haven't seen that match, I suggest going to watch it ASAP! It was by far one of the best matches under the WWE umbrella in 2016.


Not much here. I'm not familiar with Oney Lorcan although I did have a science teacher in junior high with the last name of Oney. I'm looking forward to the eventual feud between Ciampa and Johnny Gargano as they haven't been able to have a proper feud since Ciampa turned on Gargano last year at Takeover Chicago. 


Here's the best trio of the pack. Ember Moon is a favorite of my four-year-old and he runs around the house singing her music all day sometimes. Ruby Riot, now spelled as "Riott" since she's on the main roster, I remember seeing a few years ago at a local show where she wrestled under the name of Heidi Lovelace. She was good then, but she's even better now. Oh, and speaking earlier about Johnny Gargano, here's a card of his!


The final trio consisting of hall of fame manager Paul Ellering, current NXT champ Andrade "Cien" Almas (who I might add shocked the world when he beat Drew McIntyre for the title) and wouldn't you know it, a card of Gargano and Ciampa as a tag team. 

Overall, this was an ok pack. I got a few good cards but most everything else felt pretty bland. I'm definitely not going to be rushing out to get anymore of this off the retail shelves any time soon unfortunately but I guess it's always good to try a product at least once.

1 comment:

  1. Funny, I just opened this right as Bobby Roode was in the ring to issue his open challenge at Rumble.

    ReplyDelete