Saturday, October 29, 2016

Palmer Pumpkin Spice Cups


I hadn't planned on reviewing these but I'll be damned if these weren't literally haunting me from my pantry.

A little backstory first ... if you watched some of the Halloween videos I posted at the beginning of the month, you'll see that my friends and I have a love/hate relationship with Palmer and their candy. We loved it when we were doing our videos as it was cheap candy but we hated it because it was exactly that, cheap, generic candy. This particular bag set me back only a dollar at the local Dollar Tree back at the beginning of September. I stuffed it in my pantry after getting home that day and promptly forgot about it, until now that is.

I was filling up the trick-or-treat bowl and found them. My first though was that I'll just dump them in the bowl and be done with them. Then I realized I couldn't do that without trying one and knowing what I could potentially be unleashing on unsuspecting trick-or-treaters.


Here it is out of the wrapper. It looks pretty normal, just like any other knock off Reese's cup.


Before trying it, I dissected it to see what it looked like on the inside. Pretty generic if you ask me. Knowing how bad Palmer's candy has been in the past, I took a bite with much trepidation. It was exactly as I expected ... a super artificial flavor in the pumpkin spice filling, fake generic chocolate that was unnecessarily and overly sweet, and a horrible aftertaste that lingered an hour after taking one bite.

This is the stuff nightmares are made of.

1 comment:

  1. I used to love Palmer chocolates when I was a kid. I actually liked the taste. Now, not so much. But, if I wasn't worried about the carbs being a diabetic, I'd still eat them...

    ReplyDelete