Friday, April 29, 2016

Three Duds of 2016 Topps Heritage Packs



I'm taking a break today from getting caught up on the Super Trader packages to show off three 2016 Heritage packs that were complete duds (at least in my opinion). I picked these up during my trip to the card shop last month, the same trip in which I got some awesome stuff from four packs of Donruss. These packs, however, were quite the opposite.


First up, some cards from the NL Central. Phillips was the only Reds card I got in this batch. I wish I could find something good to say about these cards but I can't.


Three Diamondbacks cards. I like the Goldschmidt simply because he doesn't have any versions of the horrid unforms that the D'Backs are wearing this season. It's just the basic red and white, which is perfect.


These posed shots coupled with the bad design this year do not make these very exciting cards. I liked last year's Heritage a lot and the few years before that as well, but these just strike me as bland. Nothing against 1967 Topps, which these cards were based off of, but it's just not that great of a design.


A few more to wrap this up. The Astros card is probably the best of this little batch.

Sorry if I sounded like a grumpy old man in the post (which normally I'm not ... and I'm not even old!), it's just that I'm not impressed with Heritage at all this year. At least I can say I sampled it now I can move on to other stuff I like such as Gypsy Queen, Donruss, Diamond Kings, and perhaps some Bowman. 

Now get off my lawn.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you weren't digging the Heritage. I have to clue you in on something though, the best card of that final scan is by far the Severino(not because I'm biased towards the Yankees either). It is the single player, 'action' RC variation. That being said, I'd be very interested in trying to make a deal that would result in you parting with that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tim. I must have completely missed that as it looked like a standard card to me. Shoot me an email and we'll talk!

      Delete
  2. Also, that Heyward - besides being a wonderful Cub - is one of those dreaded short prints. So, you have that going for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tony! Maybe these packs weren't as bad as I thought then.

      Delete