Monday, November 21, 2016

You've Got Mail #51: The Angels in Order

I really, really try to keep my cards in order. Right now, I'm undergoing a re-organization project that I've been working on and off on since the summer time. I've got most of my Reds cards in order with them all neatly stored and double-bagged in binders. Someone else who likes to keep their cards in order is Tom, over at The Angels in Order. He's slowed down on his blogging recently but emailed me a while back to confirm my address as he had some things to send over.


I remember Dick Perez being the artist for the Donruss Diamond Kings cards in the 80s and 90s but I had no idea that he did Allen & Ginter sketch cards in the mid to late 2000s. This particular card is of the 2007 variety, back when Adam Dunn would routinely launch balls into orbit from Great American Ballpark. I could imagine this definitely being a Diamond King card if Donruss hadn't gone by the wayside just a few years before.



Speaking of keeping cards in order, I should have put these in order when I scanned them. Oh well. Needless to say, there was a nice variety here.


Until I saw these in the package, I'd never seen these cards before. They are definitely my favorites of the batch. These particular cards are from the 2007 SP Legendary Cuts line and have a really sleek design, at least in my opinion. Anything from the 2000s I'm definitely unfamiliar with so these are definitely needed. 


Speaking of cards that are needed, Tom also threw in a healthy stack of 1984 Topps for my ongoing set build. I still need to update the want list and should have some time to do that soon.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go get these in order.

1 comment:

  1. I think the 1984 set is the last Topps flagship missing from my collection now, from 1957-15. Not sure on 2004 or 04 cone to think of it. The sketch is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete