Friday, February 15, 2019

Goodies from Across the Atlantic

In case you missed it a while back, I participated in an interview with Ryan of the Japanese Sumo Wrestling Cards blog. It was a very fun experience and if you haven't read it yet, please check it out here.

Anyway, as a thank you for participating in the interview he send me a wonderful package that arrived all the way from across the Atlantic Ocean.


As you can see there was a lot of wild stuff to be had in there! I'll briefly go over the items. Most of these will be saved in detail for their own posts.


First off, European chocolate ... and who doesn't love chocolate! These were immediately snatched up by my wife, since of course, she's from England and claims European chocolate is better than American chocolate.


Next, a hanger box of 2018 High Number Heritage. I haven't opened this yet but I will soon.


I'm a fan of all things spooky and weird. I watched the first season of Stranger Things on Netflix and while I enjoyed it, I think it suffered from a bit of overhype. That being said, I had no idea there were cards of the show being issued. I'll add these to my Halloween stash for the coming fall so it'll be a while before you see these being torn into (or maybe these will be my "halfway to Halloween" post for this year, not sure yet).


A couple packs of 2017 BBM Baseball cards. I've never opened any Japanese cards before so these will be quite the treat once I get to tear into them.


A couple random packs ... some LOL Surprise cards (which I gave to my six-year-old son) and a pack of handball stickers. I don't know much about handball and Ryan already wrote about these on his blog. I'm still curious about them though.


Oh yeah, there were cards also. First, old sumo cards ...


... then new sumo cards ...


... and a giant stack of miscellaneous cards.

Expect to see future blog posts on pretty much everything here, except the LOL cards as my son already claimed those. 

Thanks to Ryan for sending this awesome package from overseas. I appreciate it. Also, if you haven't signed up to do an interview with Ryan, I strongly suggest it. Besides, you might get some cool stuff like this for participating!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome. Glad it arrived okay. I haven't opened a pack of the LOL cards. It was something random I ran across in Iceland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am a fan of all things spooky and weird, and the show doesn't suffer from overhype... it's just not good (yep, I said it)! Of course that's generally what happens when a show or movie doesn't contain an ounce of originality.

    And wow, those older sumo cards are amazing! The thought of potentially getting even just one of those cards almost makes me want to sign up to be interviewed... almost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet. And those LOL cards are from Iceland? That's the first time I've heard of cards from there. Can't wait to see the specifics on the haul and good on SumoMenkoMen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was not expecting to see LOL surprise cards/toys on a sports card blog. My daughters love that stuff. Very unique care package here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ryan's care packages are always full of variety and entertainment. I've tasted both of those Ritter chocolates... and they're amazing. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete