Tuesday, December 25, 2018

What I Got For Christmas


Happy Christmas everyone!

I hope everyone had a fun holiday with their family and loved ones. Here at the CCHQ (Cardboard Clubhouse headquarters for short), my family came over last night for Christmas Eve and we exchanged presents with them. I would share what I got but I've already put all of that away. Plus, my mom was sick so they didn't stay but a few hours. It didn't help either that the kids were sick, my wife was sick, and I was starting to get sick as well. 

Anyway, this morning the kids woke up to a giant haul from Santa complete with Paw Patrol toys, Peppa Pig toys and other things that we'll have to find room for. My wife then went to the kitchen and starting making lunch which consisted of a giant ham, mashed potatoes, roast potatoes, corn, baked beans, dressing, mac and cheese, carrots, and gravy. It was a good thing too because my stepmom and her friend/neighbor/handyman came by to visit for an hour or so. We hadn't seen them in a while so it was good to catch-up.

After lunch we did presents amongst ourselves (me, my wife, and the kids).


This may seem a bit odd for a Christmas present but my son actually picked it out for me from the Santa Shoppe at his school. He knows how much I like breakfast sandwiches so while I'm off work for the holidays, him and I will give it a try.


I always lump my blogger Secret Santa package in with the family gifts. I won't give away who my Secret Santa was quite yet but it was a very neat haul with a very nice notes which I'll devote a post too soon.


Now I'll dive in to what my wife got me ...



I got a new blu-ray player from my aunt so naturally I asked for some blu-rays to add to my collection which I'm trying to build up. These six should definitely keep me entertained for a while. 


I ordered some cards from COMC over Black Friday weekend which I saved for Christmas so I could have some cards to open up under the tree. I could have opted to have gotten blasters and packs from Target but I figured it'd be a better idea to use the money set aside for that to use on cards I actually want. Again, I'll cover these in a separate post later.


Pop Funkos!! The Big Boy Funko I wanted because in the Cincinnati area, Frisch's Big Boy is an institution. Some Big Boy chains do theirs with red relish but Frisch's does theirs with their own trademark tartar sauce. The Lindor Funko was on my list because he's one of my favorite Indians players to watch. It's nice to see MLB getting into the Funko game finally.



I got these awesome new shirts as well from the Cincy Shirts website. I was kind of amazed they had a Cincinnati Stingers shirt. The Cincinnati Gardens shirt I just had to have because of my love of that historic arena.


I told my wife about the $9 DVD sale at Cornette's Collectibles so she told me to order what I wanted from there. So I did. These were the DVDs I wanted most from the sale (and yes, the 5-disc set was included in the sale) and they came autographed which is super cool as well! I'm really looking forward to diving into these.


Finally, I got some more books to add to my library. I've already read "Up Up and Away" and I highly recommend it if you haven't read it before. The "Nitro" book was voted the best wrestling book of 2018 by the readers of the POST Wrestling website and "Death of the Territories" was runner-up (I think, regardless it's new as well). The Golden Seals book I heard about during an episode of a podcast I listen too and I thought it'd be a fun read.

So that's what I got for Christmas. What about you? 

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice haul. I think that Nitro book is one that Conrad Thompson talks about a lot on his podcast with Tony Schiavone. I've thought about looking into it but never have.

    If you are on the lookout for cheap blu ray movies, might I suggest Dollar Tree. Full disclosure, it can be a bit addicting trying to score some deals but its always fun to find cheap stuff. I belong to a forum that talks about movie deals and this week new movies should be coming there. In the past few months I've gotten The Marine 2-4 there. Also found Robocop and some other good ones. My blu ray collection went from like 20-60 this year, most from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't go wrong with Dracula in any format! And for being so young, that was an awfully thoughtful gift from your son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red Relish vs. tartar sauce? What is it that they're doing? Fish sammiches?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, should've clarified that! It's their trademark Big Boy burgers they put tartar sauce on.

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to hear how the Easy Eggwich worked out. I love breakfast sandwiches. I got lots of cookies and gift cards, a really cool hoodie celebrating the 442nd Infantry Regiment, and a TCU hoodie from my niece. Oh... and I went out and bought myself a CC Sabathia autograph (with the help from another blogger) for my left-handed Cy Young Award winners PC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard that Death of the Territories is a good book. It is on my Amazon Wishlist.

    ReplyDelete