Tuesday, July 5, 2016

You've Got Mail #39: Wish They Still Came With Bubblegum

The secret underground mail service that feeds our habit can be a funny thing. Sometimes packages will take only a few days, while some take longer for whatever reason. Take this package from Jeff at Wish They Still Came With Bubblegum for example. He mailed this back in March and it finally arrived the day after Memorial Day after two return to sender deliveries and a long, hard life on the road.


Look at the date on the postage above, first it was sent on March 8 and then March 28. It's pretty crazy that it took this long to travel up I-75. It was worth the wait though as Jeff's package contained some pretty cool stuff.


Some nice additions of Big Red Machine players. The more I see old Allen & Ginter cards, the more I like them. Ginter really isn't the sort of thing I actively seek out but I won't complain when I get cards of old Reds stars.


Sweet, some minor league cards! My minor league card collection is sorely lacking so these are welcome additions. The Daytona Tortugas are a high A affiliate of the Reds. I've heard good things about both of these guys so it makes me excited to see them when they finally make it to the majors. My only complaint about minor league stuff is that I don't see a lot of Dayton Dragons or Louisville Bats stuff but still, these are really cool.



Seeing as Jeff is a fellow football collector, it seemed appropriate for him to throw in some Bengals cards, both old and new. I really dig the Donruss cards and this years Donruss football has a throwback feel to 1990 Donruss baseball in the design. I might actually have to go for some of that. Old school Bengals cards are super cool too, especially of players such as Boomer Esiason, Jim Breech, and Carl Pickens.

Thanks for the great cards Jeff, even though they did take two months to get here. These, along with ones I didn't show, were some great additions to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment