Saturday, December 12, 2015

2015-16 Upper Deck Hockey Series 1 Tin


I've been patiently waiting for a while now to get my hands on some of the new Upper Deck Hockey (not that I'm chasing the Connor McDavid card or anything). While the family and I were at Wal-Mart getting some groceries a few weeks ago, I stopped by their miniscule card section and found a few of the new tins stuffed behind a bunch of discounted football and baseball blasters. So, since my birthday is next Saturday, as an early birthday present for myself, I forked over the cash for one and brought it home ...


The Winter Classic is one of my favorite games of the year to watch and this particular box came with a Winter Classic box topper of Corey Crawford.




Here are the inserts the that came in the box and all of these are super cool. If I had to pick a favorite, I'd say the UD Canvas cards, but the portraits series comes in a close second.


Horizontal goalies! The Crawford card is just spectacular and speaks to the awesomeness of Upper Deck's photography.


A couple nice cards here of Rick Nash and Flyers captain Claude Giroux. I still think of Nash as a member of the Blue Jackets.




Some more of the stars I pulled out of the tin including another Toews, a Tuukka Rask, and a Pavel Datsyuk. A nice group of players here.

Oh, I bet you're waiting anxiously to see what Young Guns cards I pulled, right?



I didn't wind up with the McDavid card, but I did however get a nice Young Guns canvas card to go along with the others from earlier. I'm not familiar with any of these guys to know if this is a good lot or not, so any of the hockey gurus out there, help me out please.

For a retail purchase, this wasn't bad and I'd probably go out and get another one of these at some point, provided they all haven't been snatched up by now by people chasing the McDavid card. If I get one of those in a future tin, great. If not, that's fine too. Remember, I'm in it for the fun of collecting ... plus I got a nice storage tin for my "good cards" now too.

6 comments:

  1. You did pretty well there! Panarin is a very solid rookie for Chicago. He's actually currently leading ALL rookies with 28 points, probably one of the more solid Young Guns you could pull.

    That Toews Canvas is awesome, I need to track one down for my "guys with the Stanley Cup" collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info! Good to know that Panarin is one of the better rookies this year not named McDavid or Eichel.

      Delete
  2. That's a nice gathering of Blackhawks cards you pulled there! I agree with shoeboxlegends, that Toews canvas card is a piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might just end up putting it with my collection of "good stuff" that I mentioned it's so nice.

      Delete
  3. I hate that Toews card even if it is beautiful, nice box man. That Phil Esposito would have to be my favorite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pulling for the Lightning too last year but I really don't have any "favorite team". Still, it is a nice card.

      Delete