Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Fantasy SummerSlam Card with Cards!

As one of WWE's biggest shows of the year, SummerSlam, approaches this weekend, I though it would be fun to go through my wrestling cards and put together an eight match card of both past and present stars. Here's what I came up with ...

Match #1 - Hideo Itami vs. Rob Van Dam
Hideo Itami
Rob Van Dam

These two just happen to be two of my current favorites. I've been watching Itami since his time in Japan as KENTA and he is one guy who can match kicks with RVD. I think this would be a great match to open the show with.

Match #2 - Tag Team Falls Count Anywhere Match: Bray Wyatt & Luke Harper vs. Terry Funk & Vader

Bray Wyatt
Luke Harper

Terry Funk
Vader

Two of the wildest brawlers today against two of the craziest no-nonsense guys from the past. I could imagine this being and all out fight through the stands with all kinds of plunder being used.

Match #3: Rey Mysterio vs. Seth Rollins

Rey Mysterio
Seth Rollins

These two would match up well and would be a fun bout with some high-flying moves thrown in. Rollins could also use his heel tactics to his advantage with the smaller Mysterio.

Match #4: Ric Flair vs. Dusty Rhodes

Ric Flair
Dusty Rhodes
These two have had classic battles dating back to Jim Crockett Promotions in the mid-1980s. I can't see why this would be any different. I mean, really, it's Flair vs. Dusty, need I say more?

Match #5: Daniel Bryan vs. Arn Anderson

Daniel Bryan
Arn Anderson
Two master mat tacticians who would match each other hold for hold. Bryan can also thrown in high-risk offense to add an extra dimension.

Match #6: Chris Jericho vs. Roddy Piper

Chris Jericho
Roddy Piper

I can just imagine the promos between these two leading into the match, especially if Jericho is in full heel mode. The lead up would have to have the obvious, Piper as a guest on Jericho's "Highlight Reel" interview show and Jericho as a guest on "Piper's Pit".

Match #7: Casket Match - The Undertaker vs. Andre the Giant

Undertaker
Andre the Giant
This would be a spectacle just in and of itself. Two of the biggest stars in terms of both name recognition and height, Andre would just dwarf Undertaker. However, a casket match is the Undertaker's specialty. Sure, the actual work in the ring wouldn't be good but it would most certainly be entertaining.

Match #8: Shawn Michaels vs. The Rock

Shawn Michaels
The Rock

Looking through the cards I scanned in, I couldn't think of a bigger, better match to cap of this fantasy card than this. Rock vs. Michaels is a match that's never been done in real life but is a match I played numerous times on WWF No Mercy for the Nintendo 64.

So, that's my fantasy SummerSlam card using some of the best cards from my wrestling collection. If you're planning on tuning in this weekend, hope you enjoy the show!


1 comment:

  1. Great match ups! I think Jamie would be disappointed with no Cena on the card though 😉

    ReplyDelete